Where else you can go for support image
  1. Home
  2. Care Leavers
  3. Support and advice

Where else you can go for support

Find more information about other support and services you can access, as well as advice about your entitlements. 


There are charities who give financial help in the form of a grant.

Grants may be in the form of products, services or financial which does not have to be paid back. Each charity will have their own aims and objectives based on their cause and individual qualifying criteria. 

Here are some charity organisations we have identified who may be able to offer support. Your Personal Advisor will be able to support you in applying for some of these grants. 

  • Turn2Us have a grant search tool. Enter your postcode for info on grants you could apply for 
  • Care Leavers’ Foundation awards grants of up to £400 to care leavers aged 18-29 for things like household items, emergency living expenses, education costs, medical needs, training and  employment 
  • Lawrence Atwell’s Charityawards grants of £100-£1,500 to young people aged 16-26 to help with training courses, including buying equipment, living expenses during the course and fees for tuition, enrolment or exams 
  • The Spark Foundation awards grants of up to £600 to care leavers up to age 25 for setting up home, education/ employment, skills and interests  
  • Capstone Care Leavers Trust awards grants of £300- £2,000 to care leavers aged 17-25, for education courses and equipment (including travel), driving lessons/tests and household items
  • Problems with utility bills? Some major providers have debt relief funds. See which ones, and how to apply at Charis website 
  • Buttle UK awards grants of up to £2,000 to estranged young people aged 16-20 for support with education, employment and training, setting up home, and improving emotional and physical wellbeing. Applications should be made by statutory or voluntary organisations on your behalf 
  • The Prince’s Trust awards grants for young people aged 17-25, working fewer than 16 hours, or in education for fewer than 14 hours per week, to help with getting into work, education or training. Loans are also on offer to help you start a business 

Useful websites

You can also look at the following websites for support and advice: